Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Let's Start at the beginning.

Some pictures for now. I'll post more as I get them.
  Green ware of some tea pots.  These must be thrown in separate pieces. The base is actually two pieces that I put together.  
The handles are whatever I feel like.  Sometimes I extrude the handle and shape it, other times I will hand build it.  The spout too needs to be thrown then shaped before being attached to the pot.  The lid, after it is thrown needs to be trimmed then finished so that it fits the opening.  This is a long and time eating process that I simply love.  

 Another handle. Not as fancy but still fun.

I love this handle. It's sturdy looking but also artistic as well.  Sometimes its more about the art and form than what it is I'm making.
 A finished piece.  It's always a surprise to see it all come together into something this beautiful.



3 comments:

  1. I loved the mug with the dragon tail! If they are for sale let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I have been off for a few ! Price?

    ReplyDelete